This October, give yourself a healthy boost while helping meat trade dogs live a long and happy life!
Go The Distance is our new challenge event, where you make your miles count. Run, walk, swim or cycle up to 100 miles (or more if you dare!) over October and raise vital funds to help us rescue China’s meat trade dogs.
How to get involved:
- Choose how you’re going to do it: Run, walk, swim, cycle, or a mix of them. Raise the fun with something completely different… bear crawl? hop?!
- Pick your distance: 10, 25, 50, 100 miles… or more! Your distance should be a challenge for you personally. State it proudly when you set up your Facebook fundraiser page.
- Most importantly, join our Facebook group and set up your Facebook fundraising page (instructions below), then share it so friends and family can sponsor you!
It couldn’t be easier to take part. Follow the instructions below and start fundraising! Then, in October, get out there and cover your miles. Take plenty of photos, join in the chat on the Facebook group and share progress updates with your friends and family.
Signing up is free!
How to get started:
- Join our Facebook group where you’ll find info, support, motivation and inspiration!
- Then set up your Facebook fundraiser in just two clicks
- Leave your name and e-mail address here so we know you’re on board!
Pick your method of movement, decide on your distance and remember to let your family and friends know how far you’re going for China’s meat trade dogs!
Raise £200 and you’ll receive your very own Candy Cane Rescue T-shirt!
How will you go the distance?
Make it ‘your’ challenge
How far can you go in one month? 10, 25, 50 or 100 miles?
Too easy? Go further. Too hard, set a distance that’s right for you. The important thing is to challenge yourself, have fun and help meat dogs in China.
Share your progress
Make it a team effort
Exercising is a great way to socialise, motivate yourself or even compete!
If you don’t want to ‘go the distance’ solo, create a team with friends and family and hit targets together.
About Candy Cane Rescue
We rescue greyhounds and other dogs from slaughter houses, meat trucks and underground racetracks in China. Our network of vets and kennels in Beijing help them recover before we fly them out. Since Candy Cane began 5 years ago, over 500 meat trade dogs have found loving new families in the UK and USA.
Most meat trade dogs have never experienced affection before, only abuse. We make sure they feel safe and loved as soon as come into our care. Despite what they’ve been through, these plucky survivors transform from scared animals into happy, loving and trusting pets.
We’re a small charity dependent on donations. By taking on this challenge you’ll be helping to pay essential vets and kennels costs, as well for the dogs’ flights out of China so they can find their forever home.
From all of us at Candy Cane Rescue, thank you so much.
Registered charity number: 1179928